Register for the energy switch scheme
Collective energy switching - Big Community Switch
We believe people are still paying too much for their energy. Big Community Switch helps residents switch energy suppliers, move to a renewable electricity tariff and save money on their energy bills. Switching with us means you can benefit from the bargaining power of a large group.
How does it work?
- Registration: you can register before 3 October for free and without obligation
- Auction: an ‘auction’ will be held on 3 October when our pre-vetted energy suppliers will submit bids. The supplier who offered the cheapest tariff will get to offer you a new contract
- Personal offer: from 16 October you will receive a personal offer, based on your registration details, and you can see how much money you can save
- You decide: the decision is then yours whether you want to accept your offer. There is no obligation to switch, and you will have until 27 November to decide
- Take control: if you accept, you will be one of the thousands who have taken control of their energy costs through our collective energy switching scheme
You will need the following details to complete your registration:
- Name, address and contact details
- The name of your current energy supplier(s) and current tariff plan(s)
- Your current consumption in kWh or spend – this information will be on your energy bill
Find out more
For more information, visit Hinckley & Bosworth Energy Switch (bigcommunityswitch.co.uk) where you can register for the scheme and get in touch with our helpdesk.
Last updated: 05/09/2023 14:10