- Working to reduce the carbon emissions of our buildings and the impact of staff travel. We are installing electric changing points to car parks
- Increasing biodiversity through management of our green spaces
- Working with schools, businesses and community groups to increase funding and activities to reduce carbon emissions across the borough
The funds the Borough Council ring-fences to support voluntary and community sector organisations (VCS) and its many volunteers will consider environmental impact as key criteria this year. In addition, the borough’s 'making a difference' awards will include an award for best environmental project; the criteria will include carbon reduction within a particular area.
We are identifying climate change champions across the borough:
- Several of our parish councils have identified wildflower meadows and verges, and some, like Carlton and Burbage have introduced wildlife habitats for bugs, hedgehogs and birds and/or tree planting initiatives
- Sport in Desford has introduced electric vehicle charging points with the support of the Borough Council
- Carlton has replaced stiles with kissing gates to encourage more people to use footpaths
- Groby and Stoke Golding are working to introduce cycle paths
To register as a climate change champion, please complete the climate change contact form with details of your activities.
Last updated: 30/01/2023 09:54