The facility to manage business rates will be unavailable 20 to 26 February. The facility to manage council tax and benefits will be unavailable 22 to 26 February. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Street trading consent conditions
The council has adopted powers within the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 to restrict the type and numbers of street traders within the Hinckley town centre area.
General conditions attached to this consent include:
- A fee payable for the consent currently set at £970 for a year (or £100 for a day)
- Registered charities and market traders who hold licences from the council are exempt from the requirement to hold a street trading consent
- Street trading is not permitted between the hours of 11:30pm and 6am
- Applications for consent outside these will be referred to the council's cabinet for consideration
- Street trading consents will only be issued to those applicants providing a service or selling items which are not already available within the 'consent area'
- The street trading consent must be clearly displayed on the vehicle or stall
The consent holder shall ensure that no refuse is left at the area from which trading has taken place and shall arrange for a litter bin to be provided with adequate capacity for the type of trade undertaken. The consent holder shall make arrangements for the litter bin to be emptied during the trading period each day as required, and for the litter to be properly stored and removed from the area. The consent holder shall not permit vehicles to be parked on pavements.
If you would like a copy of the Street Trading Consent Policy 2016: contact Cultural Services: Cultural Services contact form
Last updated: 28/03/2023 11:54