The Community, Cultural and Tourism Facilities Review provides an up-to-date and relevant evidence base about the community, cultural and tourism provision within the urban and rural areas of the borough.
This review determines what constitutes community facilities. These are identified as:
- Community, village, parish and church halls (where applicable)
- Places of worship (in the rural area only)
- Educational facilities (including ancillary areas but excluding playing fields)
- Healthcare facilities
- Public houses (in the rural area)
The review also determines what constitutes cultural and tourism facilities.
These are identified as:
- Museums and theatres
- Strategic hotels (over 50 bedrooms)
- Visitor attractions including:
- Historic attractions
- Racing circuits
- Boating areas
- Visitor centres
In addition, the review identifies affiliated activities across the borough, determines the boundaries of each facility and illustrates facility catchment areas to gain an understanding of service accessibility.
Parking provision and access to public transport have also been considered as part of this review.
Last updated: 10/03/2023 10:46