Due to maintenance, some online services may be unavailable. Sorry for any inconvenience.
This service is also known as a bulky waste collection
This service is for domestic properties only:
Please note: concessions are available
Book a collection
When you book we will ask for:
- Your name, telephone number and email address
- The collection address
- The items you would like collecting
- Your collection point - This is either the front boundary of your property or your agreed location, if we help you with bin collections. (We cannot collect from inside your property, shed or garage. If you don’t have a front boundary or an agreed location, please telephone us on 01455 238141 for advice)
- Your preferred collection date (If unavailable, choose from available dates)
- Payment (We will confirm your booking once your payment has been processed)
Your items must be at your collection point from 7am.
If you are in receipt of benefits, you can only obtain a discount by calling and booking via the phone; please telephone 01455 238141. You will need your benefit reference number when you call. You will not be able to obtain the discount if you book online.
Changes and alterations to your bookings are not available. When you make this booking, please make sure both the date and the items you have selected for the collection are correct.
We do not offer refunds for cancellations.
You can also arrange a collection by phone or by visiting the Hinckley Hub.
Change in Hinckley and Bosworth bulky waste collections
Due to a legislation change from 1 January 2023, Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council will be collecting and disposing of some bulky waste, such as sofas and chairs, separately to other bulky waste, such as wardrobes.
This change is due to waste items that contain persistent organic pollutants (POPs) now needing to be incinerated, rather than taken to landfill. The fire retardant (POP) is found in most upholstered furniture such as sofas and chairs. The Environment Agency and DEFRA have made these legislation changes to reduce pollution, in particular to the aquatic environment.
Items this will affect include:
- Sofas/sofa beds/armchairs
- Kitchen and dining room chairs (if upholstered)
- Stools and foot stools (if upholstered)
- Home office chairs
- Bean bags
- Floor and sofa cushions
We will still be collecting these types of items, but this may mean we will visit you twice and in some circumstances on a different day. This is due to different vehicles collecting different types of waste.
This change in legislation also affects private licensed waste carriers. Please ensure that anyone taking any waste away is licensed to do so as you can be fined if items are fly-tipped and traced back to you.
You can still take these types of items to Leicestershire County Council recycling and household waste sites.
Collection charges are as follows:
General bulky items (also known as non-POPS)
- Up to three items £35
- Additional items per item £10
- Maximum of five items per booking
Upholstered items (also known as POPS)
- Up to two items £35.00
- Additional items per item £15
- Maximum of five items per booking
Collections take place on Mondays and Thursdays. We collect up to 90 requests each week.
Before you book a large item collection, please consider if the item could be re-used: other ways to get rid of items
- Other items we collect and get a quote - we can provide you with a quotation to remove unwanted items from your property which are not on our bulky waste collection list or items from a commercial property