The facility to manage business rates will be unavailable 20 to 26 February. The facility to manage council tax and benefits will be unavailable 22 to 26 February. Sorry for any inconvenience.
The town celebrated the coronation of His Majesty King Charles III on Sunday with a special ‘Music in the Mead coronation concert’.
Picnickers brought their coronation big lunches along and enjoyed the sunshine with their family and friends while listening to a free performance from The Jazz Jones Orchestra.
The crowd enjoyed the sounds of traditional jazz, pieces directly selected from the Coronation and traditional rousing British ‘pomp and circumstance’ favourites.
Cat Stilling, Events Co-ordinator for the Borough Council said: “We were lucky the weather was fine and sunny on Sunday, which made perfect conditions for celebrating this special occasion and enjoying the music outdoors with family and friends. It was lovely to see so many people enjoying the event, my thanks to everyone for coming along and making it such a success.”
Other free live music performances coming up later this summer in Argents Mead include:
- Saturday 20 May - A performance by Parklife, fronted by Steven Faulkner, with 90s hits by Oasis, Blur and Pulp, plus hits from Kings of Leon, The Killers, The Kaiser Chiefs, Wheatus and more
- Saturday 3 June - Treacle Town perform rhythm and blues
- Saturday 17 June - Supersonic 90s perform covers from the best bands of the nineties
- Saturday 1 July - Tuxedo Junction, an award-winning barbershop chorus
- Saturday 8 July - The Bandicoots Blues Connection perform blues, R&B and soul
- Saturday 12 August - Hometown, a male vocal trio perform old and new covers
- Saturday 19 August - The Sounds of Swing (Dean Thomas), a one-man tribute to all things swing
- Saturday 2 September - Click, a four-piece covers band performing ELO, Pet Shop Boys, Travelling Wilburys, The Killers, The Moody Blues, Bryan Adams and more
- Saturday 9 September - Covernote, a 10-piece covers band
More information about all the events going on this year.
- More articles in the news archive