Published Thursday, 21 September 2017
A FANG-TASTIC day out is being promised for those who visit haunted Hinckley's town centre during the run-up to Halloween.
On 'Spooktacular Saturday' (28 October) there will be prizes to be won for those wearing the best Halloween costumes as well as for those with the best carved pumpkins. There will also be a chance to take part in a pumpkin treasure hunt along Castle Street.
The event, which is being organised by the Borough Council, will also feature:
- street performances from Britain’s Got Talent semi-finalist ‘Hoop Guy’, who will be entertaining the crowds on stilts
- mysterious magic tricks by Mr Juggler
- scary face painting by Netties Faces
- themed balloon modelling with Thelma Levett
- pumpkin bowling outside the former Co-op building
- scary stories throughout the day by Tom the Tale Teller
- a chance to vote for the best Halloween shop window display
In addition, there will be themed Halloween food and drink available with spooky cakes and cupcakes by The Bakewell Tart, Halloween-themed pancakes by Event Crepes and pumpkin lattes by The Ginger Barista.
All activities are free and will take place in Castle Street with the exception of Tom the Tale Teller’s scary stories, which he will be telling in the Mead.
- More articles in the press release archive