Published Friday, 06 April 2018
Following last year’s highly successful summer season of music we are delighted to announce that another season of free concerts will take place in the bandstand at Argents Mead this summer.
Visitors can look forward to the return of some highly popular groups and bands such as Out of Gas and Peter Crebbin with his Cool Swing Band, as well as new performers Steven Faulkner and Fern and Lisa, who wowed everyone at the Christmas Lights switch-on and 4th Avenue - Dougie, Adam, Dan and Tom - who have taken the local music scene by storm and are about to tour the UK and Europe.
John Coward, the Borough Council’s Assistant Town Centre Manager said “we look forward to another summer of free music events in Argents Mead, showcasing a range of local talent. This year sees an improved programme covering a variety of music genres to cater for all musical tastes. We hope you will join us!” Executive member for Culture and Leisure at the Borough Council Cllr Maureen Cook said “local residents and visitors can look forward to a great summer of music at the Mead. I hope the different varieties of concerts are well supported.”
Why not bring a picnic and enjoy an afternoon of free entertainment. All the performances take place on Saturday afternoons between 1pm and 3pm and will have a short interval in the middle. A full list of the dates is given below and more information will be published nearer the time.
- 12 May – Steven Faulkner, with Dan Gerrey on percussion, performs popular covers, including hits from Bon Jovi, Coldplay, David Bowie, George Michael, Muse, Oasis and more.
- 26 May – Foresters Brass Band, a 28 strong brass band with percussion, perform jazz, blues and pop. Currently the Midlands Area Champions.
- 9 June – Ella-May Stanier performs a range of contemporary pop, classic soul and laid back jazz.
- 23 June – Out of Gas perform foot tapping covers from the last six decades.
- 7 July - Monkey Business perform classic rock and power pop covers.
- 28 July – Sam Southall performs popular hits from Billy Ocean, Justin Bieber, Elvis Presley, Paulo Nutini, Frank Sinatra, Boyzone and many more.
- 4 August – 4th Avenue, a male harmony group, perform iconic songs from a variety of genres.
- 18 August – Fern and Lisa perform ‘Musicals in the Mead’ with a selection of songs from stage and screen.
- 1 September – Peter Crebbin and his Cool Swing Band perform jazz and swing in their trademark style:Cool.
- 15 September – Tuxedo Junction, an award-winning Barbershop choir, perform a mix of contemporary and traditional songs.
Further information on Music in the Mead 2018
- More articles in the press release archive