Published Thursday, 01 November 2018
Are you an existing or newly formed group or organisation that offers services to people across the borough of Hinckley & Bosworth and would benefit from a grant which could be up to £3,000?
Is your work, or the work you would like to develop/start up, similar to our previous successful projects listed below?
- Support for older people, for instance, dementia support groups, luncheon clubs, friendship groups or similar
- Gardening projects, community allotments
- Projects supporting musicians and artists
- Sports and physical activities, including inclusive activities, for instance, tennis, sailing, indoor climbing
- Community transport provision
- Good neighbour schemes
- Support for groups providing arts and crafts activities, for instance, knitting clubs
- Healthy eating and cooking activities
- Counselling/ therapeutic support
- Support groups for carers
If you have answered 'yes' to any of these questions then don’t miss this great opportunity to be part of this year’s 2018/19 Voluntary and Community Sector Partnership Commissioning (VCS). Closing date for applications is Friday 9 November 2018.
Following last year’s success of 24 VCS commissioned projects resulting in positive changes and quality of life for many beneficiaries across the borough, Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council, has made available £70,000 for the 2018/19 VCS Commissioning. It is envisaged that the commissioned work will help support the delivery of the Borough Council’s Strategic priority themes as outlined below:
- Enable people to keep safe, for example reducing social isolation and loneliness, including safety information projects
- Enable people to keep well, for example maintaining good mental health and general well-being
- Enable people to become/ keep independent, for example independent living skills, life skills including getting into training or employment
- Enable people to enjoy life, for example through sport, arts/crafts, music/theatre and heritage
If you would like any further information and relevant paperwork/application form, please contact: Shani at Next Generation on 01455 632984 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- More articles in the press release archive