Published Friday, 30 November 2018
Community groups in parishes across Hinckley and Bosworth are being encouraged to apply for their share of this year’s Parish and Community Initiative Fund.
This year the fund has been increased to £275,000, offering community projects in the parished areas of the borough the chance to bid for grants of up to 50 per cent of the total project cost. These grants fund a wide variety of projects such as play areas, community buildings, new pathways, heritage trails, and sports facilities.
The maximum grant available to each area ranges from £12,000 to £22,000 according to the parish’s population size, with a maximum grant of £12,000 available to individual projects in each parished area.
Grants for 2019/20 will be provided on the following basis:
- Projects must be within a parished area of the borough
- Maximum grant of £12,000 per project
- Maximum of 50 per cent of total project costs funded
- All works must be completed within the financial year
- Projects must demonstrate that they meet the council's corporate aims and that they are of community benefit
Councillor Kevin Morrell, the Executive Member responsible for Rural Communities and Environment at the Borough Council, said: “As in previous years I would like to see these grants spread as wide as possible, with special emphasis on the smaller organisations as well as parish councils."
Applications are invited from now until the closing date of 8 February 2019. Application packs will automatically be sent to parish and town councils. Further copies are available by contacting the Green Spaces team on Tel: 01455 255707 or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- More articles in the press release archive