Published Friday, 13 December 2019
Community groups in parishes across Hinckley and Bosworth are being encouraged to apply for their share of the Parish and Community Initiative Fund for 2020/21.
A total of £150,000 has been made available to support community projects in the parished areas of the Borough and grants are available for up to 50 per cent of the total project cost. For example 42 individual projects funded last year included:
- Community building improvements, new mower, footpaths and footpath improvements
- Play area improvements, woodland improvements, outdoor gym and new seats and benches
- New notice boards, lighting improvements, speed indicator signs and traffic calming measures
- Community kitchen and catering improvements, emergency door and bathroom facility improvements
Grants for 2020/21 will be provided on the following basis:
- Projects must be within a parished area of Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council
- Applications can be submitted by any Parish / Town Council or formally constituted community group with a bank account
- Maximum of £12,000 per project
- Maximum of 50 per cent of total project costs funded by the grant
- All projects should be completed and the funding claimed before 28 February 2021
- Projects must demonstrate that they meet the Borough Council’s corporate aims and that they are of a community benefit.
- Completed projects must offer a photo and press release opportunity with the Borough Councils executive member for Parishes at the time of completion of the grant funded project.
Executive Member for Rural Communities and Environment at the Borough Council Councillor Martin Cartwright said:
As in previous years, I would like to see the grant money spread as widely as possible across the 24 parishes in Hinckley & Bosworth and a variety of different schemes, with special emphasis on the smaller organisations, charity groups as well as Parish Councils.
Applications are invited from now until the closing date of 7 February 2020. Application packs will automatically be sent to parish and town councils. Further copies are available by contacting the Green Spaces team on 01455 255707 or by completing our green spaces contact form
- More articles in the press release archive