Published Thursday, 09 January 2020
Community groups within the town of Hinckley are being encouraged to apply for their share of this year’s Hinckley Community Initiative Fund.
The fund mirrors the Parish and Community Initiative Fund, which has been successfully helping to fund community projects in the rural areas of Hinckley and Bosworth Borough for the past 15 years, and is available to support projects from constituted community groups in Hinckley.
The key features of the Hinckley Fund are:
- Maximum £10,000 available
- Maximum grant of £10,000 per project, with a maximum 50% of the capital cost funded
- Only capital items will be funded
- Only constituted community groups with a bank account within Hinckley may apply
Last year the fund supported several projects benefitting people in the town these included:
- The redevelopment of Wesley House on Stockwell House
- New lighting at St Mary’s Church
- A new gazebo for The Friends of Hollycroft Park
- New equipment for a Hinckley based breastfeeding support charity
Chair of the Hinckley Area Committee, Councillor Scott Gibbens said: “I am delighted the council has once again been able to continue with this fund and look forward to it having a positive impact on the development of community-based projects in the Hinckley area. I would urge local groups to contact us and find out more. ”
Members of the Hinckley Area Committee will be consulted on recommended grants. Applications are invited from now until the closing date of 1 April 2020. Funding will be allocated in June 2020. Application packs are available by contacting either Susan Chambers on Tel. 01455 255707 or Paul Scragg on Tel. 01455 255983.
- More articles in the press release archive