Published Wednesday, 04 March 2020
THE HUNT IS ON to find Hinckley and Bosworth residents who make a difference to the lives of others through volunteering.
The Council is urging residents to nominate a person or group that deserves recognition for the help they give to others.
The Making a Difference community awards are sponsored by the Borough Council and include individual and group categories as follows:
- Inspirational volunteer(s): An individual or group that you admire or feel are inspirational in respect of their voluntary work
- Young volunteer(s): A young person or a group (under 18) who volunteer and contribute their time and skills to benefit others within our community
- Creating a sense of community: Volunteers who help individuals or groups of people to feel included, supported, involved and enabled to enjoy life within their community
- Protecting, improving or supporting our environment: An individual or group who contribute to, and benefit our environment, making it a better place for us all
- Contributing to our local heritage, culture or tourism offer: An individual or group who enable others to appreciate and benefit from our local heritage and cultural offer, making this a borough for us all to enjoy and attract visitors
- Keeping people safe and well: An individual or group who volunteer for the benefit of others safety and wellbeing
Leader of the Borough Council, Cllr Stuart Bray said:
These awards are a great way to recognise the individuals and groups who voluntarily help to support their communities. It is fitting that during National Volunteers Week (1 to 5 June) we will have the opportunity to celebrate the work of some of the most selfless people in our Borough, who work to improve themselves, the people around them and the places they live. If you know somebody who deserves a public thank-you, then nominate them for this year's 'Making a Difference Awards' and let them know how much you appreciate the work that they do.
To find out more about the different categories, nominate online or download an application: making a difference awards
Alternatively contact the council’s Community Planning Officer, Tracy O’Grady, for a nomination form on Telephone 01455 638170.
Nominations must be received by Friday 1 May 2020. A judging panel will consider all of the nominations and the awards will be presented at the voluntary and community sector celebration event on Thursday 4 June at Hinckley Rugby Club. All nominees will receive a medal and the overall winners in each category will receive a trophy.
- More articles in the press release archive