Published Wednesday, 18 March 2020
Borough Council organised events that were due to take place in April and May have been cancelled in response to the latest government advice around coronavirus.
The events that have been cancelled are:
- Wild Play Children’s Activities, 8 April
- St Georges Day and Scouts Parade on Saturday 25 April
- VE Day on Friday 8 May
- Music in the Mead on Saturday 9 May
- Love Your Local Market event on Saturday 16 May (usual markets will continue as usual for now on Mondays, Fridays and Saturday in Hinckley town centre)
- Burbage Common Open Day Saturday 17 May
- Music in the Mead on Saturday 23 May
- Wild Play Children’s Activities, 27 May
Hinckley BID events also cancelled include:
- Annual Easter Bunny Hunt, April 8 to 11
- Classic Vehicle Meet, May 21
Simon Jones, Cultural Services Manager at the Borough Council explained:
Unfortunately we have made this decision in light of the latest government guidance that says that everyone should stop all non-essential contact with others, this includes large gatherings and crowded places such as our events.
This is bitterly disappointing but completely necessary at the current time in order to enable all of us to do as much as we possibly can to reduce infections.
We will continue to monitor and review government advice before making a decision about events that are due to take place later in the summer and advise people in due course
At the same time the Atkins Gallery at the Atkins building has been closed until further notice and there will be no conferences taking place for the foreseeable future.
For more information about any changes to council services or upcoming events look out for information in local media, follow the council on social media or sign up for free email updates
- More articles in the press release archive