Published Thursday, 04 June 2020
Borough Council organised events that were due to take place in July (including Hinckley BID and Friends of Hollycroft Park) have been cancelled.
This in response to the government’s continued advice around coronavirus and social distancing.
The events that have been cancelled are:
- Saturday 4 July - Music in the Mead ‘The Misterons’, Argents Mead
- Sunday 5 July -The Boodons, Hollycroft Park
- Sunday 5 July - Hinckley BID’s Soap Box Derby, Castle Street
- Wednesday 15 July - Hinckley BID’s Summer of Fun, Market Place & The Crescent
- Thursday 16 July - Hinckley BID’s Classic Vehicle Meet, Market Place
- Friday 17 July - Variety Night Live (Stanley Opera), Hollycroft Park
- Saturday 18 July - Butterfly Count, Hollycroft Park
- Wednesday 22 July - Hinckley BID’s Summer of Fun, Market Place
- Saturday 25 July - Music in the Mead ‘Impact Steel Band’, Argents Mead
- Sunday 26 July - Wigston Band, Hollycroft Park
- Wednesday 29 July - Hinckley BID’s Summer of Fun, Hinckley town centre
Simon Jones, Cultural Services Manager at the Borough Council explained:
We have to continue to follow government guidance and support all social distancing procedures. We are all incredibly disappointed as a lot of hard work goes into the planning of these events, however, we will continue to monitor and review government advice before making a decision about events that are due to take place later in the summer and advise people in due course.
The Atkins Gallery at the Atkins Building continues to be closed until further notice and there will be no conferences taking place for the foreseeable future.
For more information about any changes to council services or upcoming events look out for information in local media, follow the council on social media or sign up for free email updates
- More articles in the press release archive