Riding establishment licence

How to apply for a riding establishment licence

Licence summary

To operate a riding establishment (where horses and ponies are hired out for riding) you need an animal licence from this council.

You must be over the age of 18 and not disqualified from caring for animals.

A vet appointed by the council will visit the establishment to report on the suitability of the premises as a riding establishment and the condition of the horses.