The facility to manage business rates will be unavailable 20 to 26 February. The facility to manage council tax and benefits will be unavailable 22 to 26 February. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Solar Together Leicestershire - buying solar panels and battery storage made easy
Solar Together Leicestershire 2023 is now closed for registrations
Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council is committed to achieving net zero as an organisation by 2030 and to supporting the district in becoming net zero by 2050. Supporting the community to install solar panels will help to achieve this by reducing reliance on grid electricity and easing carbon emissions. Generating free, renewable electricity also means lower energy bills for residents.
We have partnered with independent experts in group-buying, iChoosr Ltd, to bring this opportunity to Hinckley and Bosworth homeowners.
Solar Together Leicestershire is an innovative new scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and battery storage. It is a group-buying scheme, which brings Leicestershire households together to get high-quality solar panels at a competitive price, helping you through the process and keeping you informed at every stage.
The MSC (Microgeneration Certification Scheme) certifies low-carbon products and installations and demonstrates adherence to recognised industry standards, highlighting quality, competency and compliance. It also provides market price indications for the industry.
iChoosr compares the auction results with this benchmark and typically see 10-20% savings against the average market price. It will always be possible to get 'cheaper quotes' on the basis that Solar Together will be providing a quote for a quality installation at a competitive price.
The scheme does not offer 'cheap solar' as this would likely involve a lower quality of equipment and workmanship. Comparisons need to be made on a like-for-like basis.
Solar PV installations are considered a 'permitted development' and will generally not need planning permission. However, in some cases, such as in Conservation Areas and on Listed Buildings, planning permission may be required. For planning advice please visit the link below.
Do you already have solar panels installed?
You can also register to have battery storage added to your existing solar panels to maximise the benefits of your system. You can register using the link below.
How does it work?
- Registration: free, registration is now closed. To register, you simply needed to provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation
- Auction: an ‘auction’ will be held where pre-vetted solar installers will submit bids for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household. The installer with the most competitive package will win the auction.
- Personal recommendation: you will be emailed your personal recommendation based on your registration details. This includes your costs and specifications of your system.
- You decide: the decision then lies with you whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. You will have six weeks to decide and will be invited to an information session
- Installation: if you accept, the winning installer will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations aim to be completed six months after you accept
Telephone and email support are on-hand throughout the whole process. Together with information sessions, this will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment. Email email@example.com for more help, or call 0800 048 8362 from Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm.
Find out more
For more information, visit the Solar Together website listed below, where you can register for the scheme and get in touch with the helpdesk.
iChoosr was founded in 2008 and is privately owned by two co-founders. Before it entered the UK energy market in 2012, it focused on group-buying schemes in the Netherlands and Belgium. It now works with community leaders helping households select energy and solar power suppliers. As well as operating in the UK, its operations continue to grow across Europe, North America and Japan.
iChoosr receives a referral fee from installers for each completed installation which is used to run the scheme. A proportion of this is shared with participating councils to cover the costs of the direct mail and administration for current and future schemes within their area.
Last updated: 19/09/2023 10:07