The council is responsible for sweeping the council owned (adopted) streets
The more frequently a road is used, the more often it is swept. We also operate a special programme of sweeping during the autumn due to the leaf fall.
Mechanical sweeping frequencies and locations:
- Hinckley town centre - daily
- Small town and village centres - weekly
- Distributor roads - every four weeks
- Most residential roads - every 13 weeks
- Rural A, B and C roads and the A50 - twice a year
Further information on street sweeping:
You can request a sweep
When you request a sweep, we will ask for:
- Reason for request
- Where the sweep is required (road, pavement or car park)
- Location (street or road name)
- Your details (optional)
You can also make this request by phone or by visiting the Hinckley Hub.
Our teams and responsibilities:
When to contact Leicestershire County Council
For mud or debris on roads following a road traffic accident for example, contact Leicestershire County Council on 0116 305 0001.
The standard of cleanliness is set out in the Environmental Protection Act 1990
The legislation is complex and the easiest way to understand it is to refer to the booklet 'Litter and the Law - a guide for the public'. This is produced by the environmental charity known as Keep Britain Tidy. For more information please visit Keep Britain Tidy website (keepbritaintidy.org)
Last updated: 09/03/2021 11:18