Unsuitable items for blue lidded bin and caddy
We cannot empty the blue lidded bin or the caddy if they contain items which we do not recycle. Examples of unsuitable items are:
- Plastic bags and carrier bags (place in your black bin)
- Cling film, plastic film and cellophane (place in your black bin)
- Black coloured plastics (place in your black bin)
- Household rubbish (place in your black bin)
- Business rubbish
- Metals other than aluminium and steel food and drink tins/cans (place in your black bin)
- Rigid (hard) plastics such as toys and coat hangers
- Electrical items
- Polystyrene (place in your black bin)
- Garden waste (place in your brown bin)
- Plant pots and trays
- Kitchen pots, pans and utensils
- Paint tins
- Bubble wrap (place in your black bin)
- Videos, cassettes, DVDs, CDs
- Wrapping paper and tissue paper (place in your black bin)
- Textiles and shoes (place in your red bag)
- String, rope and hose pipes (place in your black bin)
- Shot gun cartridges
- Needles (place in your sharps box)
- Window panes
- Long life and fluorescent light bulbs
The above are examples are not an exhaustive list.
Remember, paper and cardboard cannot be put into the blue lidded wheeled bin. Paper and cardboard needs to be in the caddy. Extra paper and cardboard can be left next to the wheeled bin.
Some unsuitable items for your blue lidded bin and caddy may be placed your black bin, brown bin, red bag or sharps box. More information on how to dispose of items(leicestershire.gov.uk) we don't collect.
Information regarding the location of banks for disposal of small electrical appliances.
Last updated: 02/11/2017 11:09