Weather and the impact on collections
Wheeled bins collections
Sudden changes in the weather, or emergency roadworks, give us little or no time to let you know how we will continue with the recycling, garden waste and refuse collections.
Where possible we will use the 'catch up' system - this means residents leave their containers out and we will catch up by working a longer day or by finishing off the next day. Sometimes it may take several days to catch up. However, when snow falls continually, this may not be possible. In this instance, other plans then have to be put in place.
How do we communicate any changes to our residents?
- We will update our website regularly - there will be a link from the home page so you can quickly find out what is happening on your particular collection day
- We will issue a press release as soon as possible - this will go out to local media including radio stations covering this area
- We issue regular updates on Facebook and Twitter
- You can use our contact form to get in touch with us.
- For those without web access then you are welcome to contact us on our helpline 01455 238141 - please bear in mind that the phone lines may be busy
Please remember that if weather conditions worsen the press releases can quickly become out of date.
Last updated: 11/05/2016 12:35