The facility to check your council tax and benefits accounts online will be unavailable until Monday 25 February. Sorry for any inconvenience.
What is arts development?
The 'arts' has many different forms and may include; dance, drama, music, creative writing, painting, sculpture, photography, crafts, storytelling, festivals and creative industries.
Arts development includes:
- Creating opportunities for the wider community to take part in arts activities
- Supporting the wide range of artists in their activities for the community
- Developing an understanding and appreciation of the arts
- Implementing schemes which develop social and community cohesion
- Providing advice on fundraising and marketing
- Advocating for the arts on a local, regional and national level
- Supporting the wide range of arts providers in audience development
- Delivering a quality service that realises the aspirations of the council's Cultural Strategy and provides value for money
- Providing opportunities for the arts community to thrive
The arts has the power to change peoples lives, and can express the values and aspirations of our community. Arts development aims to increase the number of people participating in arts activities and provide a wide range of quality provision that contributes to our well-being.
Hinckley & Bosworth Arts Champion
The Arts Champion is a councillor with a specific interest in developing the arts in the borough.
Last updated:30/05/2018 11:46:28