From 4 May 2023, all voters at the polling station will need to show photographic ID before voting. Visit Voting at the polling station to find out more about the types of ID that will be accepted and what to do if you don’t have ID.
Borough and parish council elections (4 May 2023)
The next scheduled elections taking place in this area will be on 4 May 2023 to elect councillors to:
- Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council (all seats)
- All parish councils in the borough-area (all seats)
The election timetable will begin in March 2023, but there are several things that you can think about now.
Standing for election
If you are interested in standing as a candidate, there are some resources below to find out if you are eligible to stand and to help you decide.
There will be a briefing for prospective candidates and agents, which will explain how to stand and what to expect throughout the election timetable. The briefing is aimed at both experienced and first-time candidates.
The briefing will be held virtually via MS Teams at 6pm on Tuesday 28 February 2023. If you would like to attend this session, please register your interest by completing the online form below (you will need to provide an email address).
You will be sent instructions on how to join the briefing session separately.
For more information on standing as a candidate visit:
- Be a councillor (local.gov.uk)
- Standing as a borough council candidate (electoralcommission.org.uk)
- Standing as a parish council candidate (electoralcommission.org.uk)
- Parish councils in the Hinckley & Bosworth borough-area (leicestershireandrutlandalc.gov.uk)
Registering to vote
To be able to vote in these elections, you must have registered to vote by midnight on Monday 17 April 2023.
You can register to vote at any time, so if you’re not already registered, it is best to make sure you do this in plenty of time. If you are not sure if you are registered to vote, you can find out more information here: who can register to vote
How to vote
You should also think about how you would like to cast your vote early so you have time to prepare:
- All voters in the polling station will need to show photographic ID before voting. You can find more information about acceptable ID and how to vote at a polling station here: voting at the polling station
- If you need to apply to vote by post, you can find out more information here: voting by post. The deadline to apply is 5pm on Tuesday 18 April
- If you need to apply to vote by proxy, you can find out more information here: voting by proxy. The deadline to apply is 5pm on Tuesday 25 April
Official notices for this election will be published here as the election timetable progresses, including the notices of election, statements of persons nominated and lists of polling stations.
Working at the election
We are actively recruiting for staff to fill the many temporary positions at this election. If you would be interested in taking part, please visit our election jobs page for a list of roles and our online application form.
Last updated: 07/02/2023 14:44