Guide to non-dependants (someone 18 or over living with you)

Non-dependant benefit deductions

If I have a non-dependant living in my household, will my benefit be affected?

Yes, your housing benefit or council tax support may be reduced due to a non-dependant deduction.

You must let us know if somebody moves in or out of your home as it will affect your benefit.

If you have a non-dependant who has a change in their circumstances (for example, they change their job, have an increase or decrease in their earnings or income), you must let us know within one month of the date of the change.

If your non-dependant is receiving any state benefits, we will also take these into account when assessing your claim.

Last updated: ‎27/03/2024 08:52