There have been changes to services due to the coronavirus pandemic. Please contact us if you require assistance. Get the latest service information, government news and business support and advice.Coronavirus: information, advice and FAQs
Contact details and drop-in gateway sessions
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, Citizens Advice LeicesterShire Hinckley Office will be running a reduced service with immediate effect in line with government guidance.
We would like to assure all of our clients that we will do our utmost to provide the best service possible given the grave and difficult situation in which we all now find ourselves.
Drop in sessions
There will be no face-to-face drop-ins or appointments for the foreseeable future.
There are a number of ways you can continue to get advice during this time:
- General advice for city residents is available over the phone from 9am until 4:30pm Monday to Friday by calling 0300 330102
- General advice for county residents is available over the phone from 9am until 4:30pm Monday to Friday by calling 0300 3302111
- You can fill in a webform or contact your local citizens advice team
- County residents looking for help with debt issues can ring their Money Advice service on 0116 464 7239 or email: [email protected]
- For advice on consumer issues (e.g. issues related to products or services you've purchased) you can contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline: 0808 223 1133
- Anyone who would like to make a new claim for Universal Credit should call the Universal Credit Help to Claim line: 0800 1448444
Please be aware that waiting times for the these services may be longer than usual as we are getting an increased volume of people trying to access our services right now.
Further information is available on their websites:
Last updated: 01/04/2020 10:27