How council tax is used
How your money is spent for the period 2022-2023
Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council does not keep all the council tax we collect from you. In fact, we keep only 7.3p in every pound.
We collect the rest of the money on behalf of other authorities who also provide services in your area. These authorities are Leicestershire County Council, combined fire authority, Leicestershire Police authority and your local parish.
Spending on services is also supported by:
- Government grants
- Rates paid by businesses
- Fees, charges and other income
When you pay your council tax bill, you pay for other organisations.
View their council tax charges and spending:
- Council tax spending (leicestershire.gov.uk)
- The Office of the Police & Crime Commissioner for Leicestershire (leics.pcc.police.uk)
- Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service (leics-fire.gov.uk)
- Your local parish or town council
Last updated: 28/02/2022 15:11