Electoral fraud

How can I report electoral fraud?

If you have evidence that electoral fraud has been committed, you should contact the police as quickly as possible using the non-emergency number 101. You should be prepared to give them a statement and any evidence that you have.

If you are worried about giving your name to the police, you can also report electoral fraud anonymously by contacting Crimestoppers: you can give information online (crimestoppers-uk.org) or phone 0800 555 111.

If you think electoral fraud may have been committed, you should also notify Electoral Services on 01455 238141 who may be able to explain whether or not electoral fraud has been committed.

What is electoral fraud? 

Bribing voters, stealing postal votes and voting as someone else are three examples of electoral fraud. More information on electoral fraud (electoralcommission.org.uk)

Last updated: ‎03/04/2023 11:44