Disabled facilities grants

How to apply

Leicestershire County Council’s social care team is responsible for assessing the needs of a disabled person. An occupational therapist will visit you in your own home to carry out the assessment and recommend suitable adaptations where there is necessity and appropriate need.

For adults, contact: Adult Social Care Service on 0116 305 0004 and then follow the automated message service.

For children and young persons, contact: Children and Young Person Service on 0116 305 0005 and then follow the automated message service.

Please be aware you may obtain your own occupational therapist assessment from a private company if you prefer.

Following your assessment, your case will be referred to both Lightbulb and Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council. Working together, the two organisations will ensure that work is reasonable, practical and fit for purpose and will assist you through the grant process.

Last updated: 09/01/2024 09:04