Visit Hinckley Market
Hinckley market has been at the heart of the town for over 700 years. There are markets held each week on Monday, Friday and Saturday in Hinckley town centre.
First recorded in the year 1311, our award-winning market is one of the best in the country and it is no coincidence that the busiest days in Hinckley are its market days, showing what impact the market has on the local economy.
Hinckley Market has gone from strength to strength in recent years, with an increase in stalls on all three days. The Friday market in particular has almost doubled in size over the last few years, when many other markets are in decline.
The market is normally open from around 9am to 4pm (3pm during winter) and includes the following regular stalls:
- Bags, rucksacks, leather goods, purses, umbrellas
- Bakery items, cakes and bread
- Bras, nightwear, underwear, socks, gloves
- Butchers van
- Coffee beans, ground coffee, loose tea and accessories
- Cosmetics, hair and body products
- Dress fabrics
- Electrical goods and accessories, batteries, tools, workwear
- Flowers, plants, bulbs and wreaths
- Fresh fish and seafood products
- Fruit, vegetables and salad
- Gents/boys work wear and sportswear
- Gold and silver jewellery
- Greeting cards and wrapping paper
- Hot and cold drinks and food; burgers, chips, hot dogs
- Hot potatoes
- Ladies' and men's knitwear, fashion tops, leisurewear
- Mobile phones and accessories
- Pet beds and treats
- Shrubs and trees, plants, fresh and silk flowers
- Sweets, chocolate, cakes, biscuits and crisps
- Vacuum spares and accessories
- Watch batteries, straps and watches
- Wild bird food and timber products
Many of the goods listed are available on more than one of the market days whereas others are only available on certain days, for example fresh fish and seafood is only available on Fridays.
Last updated: 24/01/2019 15:06