Help with housing if you're leaving care

Benefits for care leavers over 18

When you turn 18 you are entitled to claim benefits. Usually if you are aged under 35 and you rent from a private landlord, the maximum housing benefit you can get is the same rate you would get for renting a single room in a shared house.

However, if you've been in care, this doesn't apply until you turn 22. Until then you should be able to get the full one-bedroom rate.

For further information please complete our housing options contact form or call 01455 238141 and ask for housing options.

Last updated: ‎14/09/2023 11:29