Support from domestic abuse

Support available

If you live in the Hinckley & Bosworth borough and you don’t feel safe at home due to domestic violence, please visit our support for domestic abuse page for contact details. If you need somewhere else to live, then please contact Housing Options for help and advice.

All our housing options officers are experienced in helping people affected by domestic abuse to secure accommodation. You are normally considered to be legally homeless if it is not reasonable for you to occupy your home because of the risk or fear of domestic violence.

The officer you speak to will ask you some questions about your situation. You may be asked for supporting evidence, which could include details and dates of incidents, but you will not be turned away if you do not have this information. We look at each case carefully. If you need this, we will try to help you find somewhere safer to live in the short term.

If we can’t help you, we can put you in touch with others who may be able to help, for example UAVA, the support service for people affected by domestic abuse or social services.

If you think you are in immediate danger, always dial 999 and ask for the police.

Last updated: ‎‎24/05/2022 09:09