Gambling Act 2005 - gaming licences

New operators

If you are applying for a licensed premises gaming machine, make your notification/application to the council for the appropriate permission under the Gambling Act 2005.

It is important to note that this section relates to premises with a Licensing Act 2003 on-premises alcohol licence, that serves alcohol without the requirement that it accompanies food.

Pubs, restaurants or hotels will be able to notify/apply for a permit but only if they have a bar. Hotels and restaurants which serve alcohol only with food, will not be able to provide gaming machines on the premises.

Last updated: ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2023‎ ‎16‎:‎27‎