The facility to manage business rates will be unavailable 20 to 26 February. The facility to manage council tax and benefits will be unavailable 22 to 26 February. Sorry for any inconvenience.
High turnover bingo
Providing bingo played on the premises does not exceed £2,000 in stakes or prizes in a seven day period (this is known as 'high turnover bingo'), it can be provided as an exempt (equal chance game).
However, if high turnover bingo is played, the club will have to:
- Notify the Gambling Commission (gamblingcommission.gov.uk)
- If, at the end of seven days, it wants to continue to offer high turnover bingo in the following 12 months, it must obtain a bingo operating licence from the Gambling Commission
Equal chance gaming
In order to provide equal chance gaming, all clubs must comply with the following conditions.
Each player must be a person who is:
- A member of the club or institute who:
- Applied for membership
- Was nominated for membership, or
- Became a member not less than 48 hours before participation
- A guest of such a member of the club or institute
Gaming must satisfy the following requirements:
- There will be a limit to the amount staked
- There will be a limit to the amount or value of a prize
- No amount may be deducted or levied from sums staked or won
- Any participation fee must not exceed any maximum prescribed
- Any game played on one set of premises must not be linked with a game played on another set of premises
Last updated: 06/06/2023 16:37