Market shoppers' national charter
Thank you for shopping at Hinckley Markets.
Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council and the market traders wish to ensure that you enjoy the experience of market shopping. We hope that you will find the stallholders courteous and helpful, and that the wide choice and variety of goods and services on offer represent good value.
It is our intention that you will not have any problems with your purchases. However, should any problems arise, the law entitles you to certain protection when shopping at Hinckley Markets:
- Goods sold as new must not be faulty and must work satisfactorily
- Goods must be safe and fit for the purpose for which they were purchased
- Goods must be as described either verbally or on the label or packaging or otherwise
- Services must be as described and carried out in a proper manner with the provider using reasonable skill care and carried out within a reasonable time and at a reasonable price
However, you are not legally entitled to compensation or redress if:
- You have simply changed your mind over the colour, style or size of the article, seen a cheaper product elsewhere or have no further use for the goods
- The goods contained defects, which were made known to you at the time of purchase, or as described by a notice
- The goods have been mistreated or used for a purpose for which they were not intended
If you are not satisfied with the goods or services you have received from any trader whilst shopping at Hinckley Markets, you should follow these procedures:
- Approach the stallholder concerned, taking with you any receipts, and explain the problem quietly and calmly. In most instances, the problem is usually satisfactorily resolved at this stage
- If you cannot remember the stall location or cannot reach an agreement with the stall-holder, please contact the Markets Manager who can be found around the market. Alternatively, telephone 01455 238141 and a member of staff will be pleased to assist you
If you do not wish to follow this advice, you may of course seek your own independent professional advice. Free advice on any consumer related matters is also available from the Citizens Advice consumer service. Call the consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133.
Last updated: 06/12/2022 08:09