Sheepy parish neighbourhood plan
Formal ‘making’ of Sheepy Parish Neighbourhood Plan
Following an independent examination and a positive referendum result, the Borough Council have decided to formally 'make' the Sheepy Parish Neighbourhood Plan. This Neighbourhood Plan now forms part of the Development Plan for Hinckley and Bosworth and the policies in the plan will be given full weight when assessing planning applications that affect land covered by the plan.
The final decision statement can be downloaded: Regulation 19 Statement (19 March 2019).
The final 'made' plan is available to download: Sheepy Parish 'made' plan (March 2019).
Referendum (Thursday 14 March 2019)
A local referendum will be held on Thursday 14 March 2019 to decide if the Sheepy Parish Neighbourhood Plan should become part of the Borough Council’s Development Plan for the whole parish of Sheepy.
The specified documents for this referendum are as follows:
- Sheepy Parish Neighbourhood Plan – Referendum Version
- Sheepy Parish Neighbourhood Plan Examiner’s Report
- Summary of Representations submitted to the Independent Examiner
- Basic Conditions and Compliance Statement
- General Information on town and country planning (including neighbourhood planning) and the referendum
These documents are available to view at the Hinckley Hub, Sibson Village Hall, Sheepy Memorial Hall, Market Bosworth Library and Atherstone Library during normal opening hours.
The result of the local referendum will be published here in due course.
Decision Statement (Regulation 18)
As required by the neighbourhood planning regulations a Decision Statement (Regulation 18) has been published which outlines what action the Borough Council will take in response to the recommendations made by the Independent Examiner:
The Decision Statement and Examiner’s Report are available to view at the Hinckley Hub, Sibson Village Hall, Sheepy Memorial Home, Market Bosworth Library and Atherstone Library during normal opening hours.
The examination of the Sheepy Parish Neighbourhood Plan was undertaken by Mr Andrew Matheson and concluded in January 2019. The Examiner's Report is available to view now:
The Examination into the Sheepy Parish Neighbourhood Plan took place between Thursday 15 November 2018 and Wednesday 9 January 2019. Information relating to the examination can be found below:
- Examiner initial questions - 23 Nov 2018
- HBBC Response to examiners questions - 05 Dec 2018
- Sheepy Parish response to the examiners opening questions - 06 Dec 2018
- Examiners response to Sheepy Parish - 11 Dec 2018
- HBBC response to examiners email - 11 Dec 2018
- Settlement boundary revision topic paper
- Sheepy Parish response to examiner, 12 Dec 2018
- Sheepy Parish response to examiner, 18 Dec 2018
- Examiners response to Sheepy parish - 19 Dec 2018
Submission Version Consultation (Regulation 16) responses:
- Highways England
- Carlton Parish Council
- Severn Trent
- Environment Agency
- National Grid
- Natural England
- Leicestershire County Council
- Coal Authority
- Colt Technology Services
- Member of the Public
- Historic England
- Gladman Developments
- Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council consultation response
Final Plan Submission
The final version of the Sheepy Parish Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP), prepared on behalf of Sheepy Parish Council, was submitted to the council and a six week pre-submission consultation (Regulation 16) took place between Wednesday 5 September and Wednesday 17 October 2018.
The Neighbourhood Plan submission version and associated documents are as follows:
- Sheepy parish neighbourhood plan (PDF)
- Map of sheepy neighbourhood plan designated area
- Sheepy Neighbourhood Plan Basic Conditions Statement
- Sheepy Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement
- Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Statement
The NDP and supporting documents can also be found on Sheepy Parish Neighbourhood Plan website
Last updated: 01/04/2019 13:43