Following the publication of the Decision Statement (Regulation 18) by Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council, the Stoke Golding Neighbourhood Plan referendum took place on Thursday 3 March 2022.
The question asked in the Referendum was ‘Do you want Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Stoke Golding to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?’
The neighbourhood plan was successful at referendum on Thursday 3 March 2022, securing a positive majority vote. The final vote breakdown and turnout can be seen on the results page below:
As a result, the neighbourhood plan is now ‘Made’, as per Regulation 19 of The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended) and the HBBC Scheme of Delegation. The plan can now be given full weight when assessing planning applications within the neighbourhood area. The Regulation 19 Statement can be seen below:
Please note that the neighbourhood area for the Stoke Golding neighbourhood plan does not strictly follow the parish boundary (as is usually the case), and includes land and properties within Higham parish to the west of the village. The neighbourhood area map can be found in the plan, or below:
Specified documents for the referendum:
- Stoke Golding Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Version (July 2021) (PDF)
- Stoke Golding Neighbourhood Plan Examiner’s Report (PDF)
- Referendum Information Statement for 3 March 2022 (PDF)
- Information Statement - General Information on Planning (PDF)
- Basic Conditions and Compliance Statement (PDF)
- Summary of Representations to Regulation 16 (DOC)
Decision Statement (Regulation 18)
As required by the neighbourhood planning regulations a decision statement (Regulation 18) has been published which outlines what action the Borough Council will take in response to the recommendations made by the Independent Examiner:
- Stoke Golding Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement (Regulation 18) (PDF)
- Stoke Golding Neighbourhood Plan modifications table (PDF)
Chris Collison was appointed on 29 July 2021 to examine the submitted neighbourhood plan and the examination commenced on 2 August 2021.
The examiner's initial letter is available here: Examiner Initial Letter Stoke Golding NDP (PDF)
The Regulation 16 responses are published here: Regulation 16 submission consultation responses (PDF)
Stoke Golding Neighbourhood Plan submission documents
You can download the Stoke Golding Neighbourhood Plan document, and submission documents, below. Additional supporting documentation and evidence is available on the Stoke Golding Parish Council website
- Stoke Golding Neighbourhood Plan – Submission Draft Plan (PDF)
- Stoke Golding Neighbourhood Plan – Basic Conditions Statement (PDF)
- Stoke Golding Neighbourhood Plan – Consultation Statement (PDF)
- Map of Stoke Golding Neighbourhood Plan Designated Area (PDF)
- Minutes of Stoke Golding Parish Council 7 April 2021 (PDF)
- Submission Notice and Consultation Guidance Notes (PDF)
Wednesday 1 September 2021
- Examiner letter seeking clarification (PDF)
- HBBC & SG combined response to Examiner (PDF)
- Methodology for settlement boundaries (PDF)
- Appeal decision 77 Roseway (PDF)
- Appeal decision Wykin Lane (PDF)
- Locally important views - Ref VW2 (PDF)
- Higham Lane Ash - Local wildlife site criteria form (PDF)
- Guidelines for the selection of local wildlife sites (PDF)
- Toolkit Zion Baptist Chapel allotments (PDF)
Monday 6 September 2021
Strategic environmental assessment and habitat regulation assessment
The Borough Council issued screening determination notices in April 2020 that an SEA is needed due to the likely effect of the Stoke Golding NDP on Bosworth Battlefield but that a HRA is not required.
- Strategic environmental assessment screening statement (PDF)
- Strategic environmental assessment Screening determination notice (PDF)
- Habitat regulation assessment Screening determination notice (PDF)
The SEA was completed in October 2020 and can be viewed on the Stoke Golding Neighbourhood Plan website (stokegolding.co.uk)
Stoke Golding Parish Council submitted an application to develop a neighbourhood development plan (PDF) covering the parish of Stoke Golding and an area within the parish of Higham-on-the Hill in April 2016.
A six-week consultation on whether this was an appropriate area to undertake a neighbourhood development plan ended on 27 May 2016. Following this consultation, the council formally designated the Stoke Golding Neighbourhood Area (PDF) on 15 June 2016 for the purpose of producing a neighbourhood development plan.
Public consultation on a pre-submission draft of the Neighbourhood Development Plan ran from 14 December 2020 until 5 February 2021. View the Borough Council comments (PDF)
The final version of the Stoke Golding Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP), prepared on behalf of Stoke Golding Parish Council, was submitted to the Borough Council in May 2021 and was the subject of consultation between Wednesday 9 June 2021 and 5pm on Wednesday 21 July 2021.
Last updated: 19/04/2022, 10:30