Sunday 21 July

Due to maintenance, the facility to pay online and our online application forms where we take a payment will be unavailable for two hours from 4:30am to 6:30am. Sorry for any inconvenience.

House swap (mutual exchange)

Register or find a swap partner for your council house

If you are a secure council or housing association tenant then you have the right to exchange your tenancy with another council or housing association tenant (subject to your landlord's consent).

A mutual exchange is where the parties are existing tenants wanting to swap with each other. This differs from a housing transfer where a person is waiting on the housing register to move into a vacant property.

You can register your details or look for a swap partner on home swapper ( Should you have any difficulty registering your details or looking for a swap partner, then please contact us for further assistance. Please note, we cannot make changes to the details as this is not owned by the council.

Last updated: ‎27/03/2024 09:33