Some online services will be unavailable from midnight on Sunday until 1am on Monday.List of services affected
What was it all about?
Between Wednesday 30 June and Friday 27 August 2021, we asked for your views on the draft Local Plan, which is the next stage in the process for preparing a new local plan for our borough.
The Local Plan is the key planning document for the borough, and it will guide future development in Hinckley and Bosworth up to 2039. The draft plan sets out a preferred strategy for housing and economic growth and includes a number of planning policies covering a range of issues such as conserving and enhancing the natural and historic environment, sustainable transport, good design and responding to the challenges of climate change. The policies will be used to guide development and respond to economic, environmental and social issues within the borough.
You can still read the document, but you won’t be able to comment on this stage:
- Read our Draft Local Plan 2020-2039 (PDF)
- You can also download our consultation summary leaflet: Consultation summary leaflet June - August 2021 (PDF)
How we involved you
We made the document and supporting evidence available online, at the Hinckley Hub, at the George Ward Centre and at local libraries
We held drop in sessions and themed presentation in a variety of places across the borough:
- Burbage Millennium Hall, Britannia Road, Burbage, LE10 2HF
- Sheepy Memorial Hall, Main Road, Sheepy Magna, CV9 3QU
- Snapdragon Festival, Argents Mead, Hinckley, LE10 1FL
- Groby Village Hall, Leicester Road, Groby, LE6 0DQ
- Newbold Verdon Sports Pavilion, Alans Way, Newbold Verdon, LE9 9LB
- Hinckley Hub, Rugby Road, Hinckley, LE10 0FR
- George Ward Centre, Church Lane, Barwell, LE9 8DG
We used social media (Facebook and Twitter) to publicise and get people talking about our plans.
Strategic Housing & Economic Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA)
Alongside the Local Plan, an update to the Strategic Housing & Economic Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA) (2020) has been undertaken. A call for sites form can also be found on the SHELAA page below:
Following the consultation, we will consider all the comments that have been made on the draft plan. A revised Regulation 19 submission draft plan will be prepared for further consultation in winter 2021/22, prior to submission to the Secretary of State for examination in 2022.
You might also be interested in:
Last updated: 08/09/2021 15:08