Exclusive rights of burial for 70 years
To calculate the cost of a burial/interment there are two charges that need to be added together:
- The burial/interment which is the fee for digging the grave - this can be found at prices for burial
- The purchase of the grave / the exclusive rights of burial (the right to say who can be buried in a grave and if a memorial can be erected) - the prices on this page, below
The following is a summary of the 'exclusive rights of burial for 70 years'. This term means that you do not own the land but have the exclusive right, during the 70 years stated in the Grant of Exclusive Right of Burial, to say who can be buried in the grave and if a memorial can be erected.
If you have any questions, please contact the Cemetery Services Team.
- Casket plot 5' x 3' (five feet by three feet) up to two caskets/ashes interment: £350
- Casket plot 8' x 4' (eight feet by four feet) up to four caskets/ashes interment: £675
- Grave plot of a child up to the age of 18 years (appropriate plot size) special expense area: No charge
- Grave plot of a child up to the age of 18 years (appropriate plot size) outside special expense area but within borough: £225
- Grave plot of a child up to the age of 18 years (appropriate plot size) outside of the borough (double fees): £450
- Grave plot 240 cm x 120 cm (eight feet by four feet): £675
Plots can be reserved for the future; these will be allocated by the Cemetery Office depending on the depth and type of grave required. If you wish to reserve a plot there is an additional fee of £118.
- If the deceased person was resident outside the special expense area (Hinckley) then double fees apply
- If the purchaser of the grave is resident outside special expense area (Hinckley) then double fees apply
Ashby Road cemetery is part of the special expenses area for Hinckley; Hinckley residents pay less to use Ashby Road cemetery than anyone living outside of the Hinckley area. This is in recognition of the fact that residents living outside of that area do not already contribute towards the cost of providing that facility. The same would apply to any resident of the borough who chooses to use a cemetery facility outside of their parish or special expense area.
Prices are valid from 1 April 2022 until 31 March 2023.
For a full copy of the leaflet on the Guidance and advice on the purchasing and aftercare of graves please contact the Cemetery Office on 01455 238141.
Last updated: 31/03/2022 17:02