Empty properties and second homes

Other empty properties

You may apply for an exemption if one of the following applies:

  • You are a charity
  • You are a prisoner: Council tax discount: an adult in prison
  • You are bankrupt
  • You are unable to occupy your property for legal reasons
  • Your property has been repossessed by your mortgage company
  • Your property is waiting for a minister of religion to occupy it 

To notify us that you have left a property, please complete the change of address form

Last updated: ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2020‎ ‎17‎:‎10‎