Moving home: getting a council tax refund

What you need to do

If you move home within the borough:

If you have paid too much council tax at your previous address, any credit will be transferred to reduce the balance at your new address.

If you move out of the borough:

We will refund what we owe you. We will usually do this by BACs. If you pay by direct debit, we will refund the money back to your bank account. If we don't have your bank details, we will send you a letter asking how you would like us to refund what we owe you.

If you would like to speak to someone regarding this matter please use the details below.

Last updated: 15/02/2023 15:54