Some forms, and the facility to search planning applications/appeals, building control applications and licensing registers, will be unavailable. Services will be available again by 6am, Saturday.
Monitoring and land availability
Housing delivery test action plan
In 2018, the government published a revised version of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF). As part of the changes, a new housing delivery test (HDT) has been introduced which now presents the following consequences, should the level of housing delivery within the local authority area not meet the national targets set by government:
- The publication of an action plan if housing delivery falls below 95% of a local planning authority's adopted housing requirement over the previous three years
- A 20% buffer on local planning authority's five-year land supply if housing delivery falls below 85% of the adopted housing requirement; and
- The 'presumption in favour of sustainable development' in the NPPF would apply automatically if housing delivery falls below 86% of the adopted housing requirement, once transitional arrangements have ended in November 2020. It should be noted that the presumption will apply if housing delivery falls below 45% of the housing requirement in November 2019
The government published its 2021 HDT Measurement in January 2022. This indicated that the borough had delivered 86% of its housing requirement in the preceding three years. Therefore, an action plan is required to be published.
This action plan has been prepared to show how the council is responding to the challenge of ensuring more homes are built in the Hinckley and Bosworth Borough and faster. In line with national planning practice guidance, it identifies the reasons for under-delivery and sets out measures the council intends to take to try and improve levels of delivery.
You can view and download the council's housing delivery test action plans below:
- Housing delivery test action plan published July 2022 (PDF)
- Housing delivery test action plan published July 2021 (PDF)
Last updated: 17/01/2023 10:56