Deadline for the 2019 SHELAA review
Please note that any sites submitted to the council after 5pm on 31 May 2019 will not be assessed in this review period (2019). Any sites submitted after this date will be assessed for next years SHELAA review (2020). Please contact Planning Policy if you have any queries on this deadline.
Call for sites
The purpose of the 'call for sites' is to provide an opportunity for anyone to submit a site to us for consideration for allocation and future development as part of the preparation of our local plan. This will help to ensure that sufficient land supply is available across the borough to meet our development needs.
As part of the preparation for the Local Plan review, the council carried out two separate 'call for sites' to identify new sites within the borough that may have potential for development over the proposed new plan period (2016 to 2036). The two 'call for sites' were undertaken between 2016 and 2018.
Landowners and interested parties can put forward new sites within the borough that may have potential for housing and economic development.
To suggest a new site, we ask for:
- Your details
- Landowner details
- Site details: potential uses and constraints
- Site location plan (site boundary identified by a red line)
Alternatively, download our site submission form (DOCX)
Please note that the call for sites informs the SHELAA, which is an evidence base document to inform plan making. It is not a decision making document and it does not in itself determine whether or not a site should be granted planning permission or allocated for development. The purpose of the SHELAA is to form part of the evidence required for the Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Local Plan.
Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment 2017/2018
The Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA) has now been finalised for 2017/2018. Any sites submitted through a call-for-sites process between 2016 and the Scope, Issues and Options Local Plan Review consultation in January to March 2018 will have been assessed in this process, to determine suitable, available and developable sites across the borough.
This process has been undertaken in line with central government objectives, and a Leicestershire-wide methodology has been adopted. Following this, Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council created a local methodology to apply to our own assessment process.
- Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA) 2017/18
- SHELAA appendix 1 settlement overview maps part 1: Bagworth to Burbage central and west
- SHELAA appendix 1 settlement overview maps part 2: Burbage south to Higham-on-the-Hill
- SHELAA appendix 1 settlement overview maps part 3: Hinckley to south Markfield
- SHELAA appendix 1 settlement overview maps part 4: Markfield to Witherley
- SHELAA appendix 2 site assessment summary
- SHELAA Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council methodology
- SHELAA Leicestershire methodology
If you need to see a detailed assessment or constraints map of any of the sites, please contact the Planning Policy team and quote the site reference or site address.
Last updated: 15/05/2019 14:08