Reviewing the Local Plan
We are reviewing our core strategy (adopted 2009), area actions plans (adopted 2011 and 2014) and our site allocations and development management policies DPD (adopted July 2016). We are also inviting views on our Statement of Community Involvement alongside the scope, issues and options consultation.
It is important to make sure that we have an up-to-date local plan so that planning decisions are made with local people having a say on setting local policies.
The Local Plan review is being carried out in stages and we aim to consult with you at the following stages (provisional timetable):
- Growth workshops (Jan 2016)
- Scope, issues and options consultation (Jan 2018 to Feb 2018)
- Draft Local Plan 'preferred options' (Dec 2018 to Feb 2019)
- Pre-submission (Jan 2020 to Feb 2020)
- Estimated examination in public (Nov 2020)
We aim to have a new local plan adopted in 2021.
Last updated 22/01/2018 11:09