About this service
Already registered for a ‘my business rates’?
We have made improvements to ‘my business rates’, the service which allows you to manage your business rates online.
You will now need to register for an online account on our website in order to use this service, even if you have previously registered for ‘my business rates’.
How to register (new and existing customers)
First of all, you will need to register for an online account
Once you have an online account
- You will need your business rates account reference
- Log into your online account and select ‘add or manage services’
- Next choose ‘business rates’
- You’ll be asked some security questions. If you answer these correctly, you’ll be able to log in straight away. If you can’t answer all the security questions, we’ll send you a PIN (personal identification number) by post which you’ll need to log in
‘My business rates’ is an efficient way to:
- Manage your business rates online
- View your business rates notices back to 2013
- Sign up for e-billing so you are no longer sent paper notices
You will be able to view information such as:
- The period for which you are being charged
- How your charges have been calculated
- Payment transaction history
- Any reliefs that have been awarded
- Overdue balances on your account
- Any recovery action which has commenced
- Facility to set up a direct debit
Ebilling replaces paper bills and enables you to store all your business rates notifications in one inbox.
Last updated: 28/01/2019 10:50