About the service
Already registered for ‘my council tax’?
We have made improvements to ‘my council tax’, the service which allows you to manage your council tax online.
You will now need to register for an online account on our website in order to use this service, even if you have previously registered for ‘my council tax’.
How to register (new and existing customers):
- First of all, you will need to register for an online account
- The advantages of creating an online account
Once you have an online account:
- You will need your council tax account reference
- Log into your online account and select ‘add or manage services’
- Next choose ‘council tax’
- You’ll also be asked some security questions. If you answer these questions correctly, you’ll be able to log in straight away
If you can’t answer all the security questions, we’ll send you a PIN (personal identification number) by post which you’ll need to access ‘my council tax’.
My council tax enables you to:
- Check your council tax balance
- View your council tax notices back to 2013
- Manage your council tax online
- Sign up for ebilling so you are no longer sent paper notices
You will be able to view information such as:
- The period for which you are being charged
- How your charges have been calculated
- Payment transaction history
- Your council tax discounts and allowances
- Overdue balances on your account
- Any recovery action which has commenced
- The facility to notify the council you are moving
- Set up a direct debit
Last updated: 24/12/2020 12:35