THE HUNT IS ON to find Hinckley and Bosworth residents who make a difference to the lives of others through volunteering.
The council is urging residents to nominate a person or group that deserves recognition for the help they give to others.
The Making a Difference community awards are sponsored by the Borough Council and include individual and group categories as follows:
- Inspirational volunteer(s): An individual or group that you admire, or feel are inspirational in respect of their voluntary work
- Young volunteer(s): A young person or a group (under 18) who volunteer and contribute their time and skills to benefit others within our community
- Creating a sense of community: Volunteers who help individuals or groups of people to feel included, supported, involved and enabled to enjoy life within their community
- Protecting, improving or supporting our environment. Contributing to reducing the impact of climate change: an individual or group who contribute to, and benefit our environment, making it a better place for us all
- Contributing to our local heritage, culture or tourism offer: An individual or group who enable others to appreciate and benefit from our local heritage and cultural offer, making this a borough for us all to enjoy and attract visitors
- Keeping people safe and well: An individual or group who volunteer for the benefit of others safety and wellbeing
Executive Member for the Voluntary Sector, Councillor Michael Mullaney said:
These awards are a great way to recognise the individuals and groups, who voluntarily give help and support to their communities, which many residents will have experienced at first-hand over the past few years.
I am delighted that we can take this opportunity to celebrate the work of some of the most selfless people in our borough, who work to improve themselves, the people around them and the places they live so please if you know someone or a group that deserves a public thank-you, then nominate them for this year's 'Making a Difference Awards' and let them know how much you appreciate the work that they do or have done.
Find out more about the different categories, nominate online or download an application form online or telephone 01455 255934.
Nominations must be received by Friday 20 October 2023. A judging panel will consider all of the nominations and the awards will be presented at the voluntary and community sector celebration event which is taking place at Hinckley Rugby Club on Monday 30 November 2023. All individuals nominated, and representatives from groups nominated, will be invited to attend.
- More articles in the news archive