Due to maintenance, our online forms will be unavailable on Friday 23 October 10pm to midnight, and on Sunday 25 October 6pm to 10pm. Sorry for any inconvenience.
What you need to do
We collect refuse (household waste), garden waste and recycling every two weeks.
By 7am on the morning of your collection day, you need to put your bins, boxes and bags at your collection point. (Your collection point is located on the boundary with the public highway, usually a pavement or road.)
We will not collect your recycling and rubbish if you have:
- Put your rubbish in the wrong bin. Find out what goes in your bins
- Overfilled your bin, and the lid does not fully close
- Put your bin out on the wrong collection day
- Put your rubbish next to or on top of your bin
The only items we will collect outside of a bin, box or bag, on your collection day are:
- Clothes and paired shoes, if you put them a red textile bag or a labelled carrier bag
- Extra plastics, paper, card/cardboard (cardboard must be flat-packed)
All items must be clean.
Get a large item collected
If you have a large item that will not fit in your bin, you can request a large item collection
Help with collections
If you find it difficult to put your bins, bags and boxes out, you can request help with your collection
If you live in a flat
Many flats in the borough of Hinckley & Bosworth have communal recycling bins, which we collect. You can check your bin day online
If you do not have access to communal recycling bins, you can take your rubbish to a recycling and household waste site (tip) or a local recycling bank. More about tips and recycling banks
You might also find useful:
Last updated: 29/09/2020 10:11