Electoral Services employs casual staff to assist in both the running of elections and the electoral registration canvass (household enquiry form delivered to every property once a year).
About canvass vacancies
The annual canvass for 2018 will be starting in July. Canvassers are a vital part of the electoral registration process, ensuring that the Register of Electors for the Hinckley & Bosworth area is compiled as accurately and completely as possible.
Canvassing does require a certain level of commitment, especially during the final phase (stage three) in which you will be making personal visits to properties who have not returned their form.
Our canvass is delivered in three stages. We are looking for canvassers to deliver stage one and stage three (stage two is posted out by Royal Mail). We will provide training for all canvassers: briefing will be given for the stage one and full training will be provided for stage three:
- Initial delivery of household enquiry forms
- Friday 27 July to 13 August: deliver forms to property
- Royal Mail delivery of reminders, posted on Monday 3 September
- Personal visits/door knocks
- Friday 5 October to 26 October: visit properties who have not replied to our household enquiry form, complete paper form with occupier(s)
- Wednesday 3 October to 18 November: visit properties who have not replied to our household enquiry form, complete electronic form with occupier(s) using our hand held tablet
There are no current vacancies but we are always looking for reserves.
If you are interested in becoming a canvasser please complete our application form. We will contact you when we have a vacancy in your preferred area.
How to apply
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Vacancies will be offered on a first come, first serve basis. So if you would like to get involved, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Which area(s) you are interested in
- Your name
- Your address
- Your contact details (email address, telephone number)
We add staff to our database as they apply. If you’d like any further information about the canvass or our canvassing rounds, please do not hesitate to contact Electoral Services using the details below.
Running of elections
Please note that we will start recruitment for the Borough & Parish elections on the 2 May in January 2019.
You can apply to assist us in the running of elections. For each role, there are several available posts:
Last updated: 15/06/2018 15:33