Events for 01 Aug 2019 - 31 Aug 2019
Showing 1 to 5 of 37 events.
Atkins Gallery Annual Open Exhibition
- Date: 15 July 2019 - 16 August 2019
- Every day
- Location: Atkins Building and Gallery, Lower Bond Street, LE10 1QU
- Time: 8:30 - 5:30
- Cost: Free to view, submission of artwork £12 for up to three pieces
The popular Atkins Gallery Open Exhibition returns this summer with 2019 celebrating the Hansom Cab and Hinckley’s contribution to the transport industry.
The theme of this year’s Open Exhibition is Travels and Transport with 2D and 3D interpretations of the theme welcome. Your piece could be about a physical or personal journey, a favourite vehicle you’ve owned or would like to own, views and experiences from your travels from home and abroad, inspiration from heritage transport like the Hansom Cab or the Flying Scotsman, inspiration from daily or special journeys or different ways of travelling by land, sea or air.
Submission dates for your transport and journey inspired pieces are 1 July to 5 July at Atkins Building Reception between 8:30am to 5:30pm, costing £12 for up to three pieces with the exhibition opening on 15 July.
Download a copy of the Open Exhibition pack (atkinsbuilding.co.uk)
The seaside comes to Earl Shilton
- Date: 30 July 2019 - 01 August 2019
- Every day
- Location: Earl Shilton village
- Time: 11:00 - 17:00
- Cost: Admission is free (small charges apply for some activities)
Enjoy an ice-cream whilst watching Punch and Judy or encourage the children competing in the sandcastle competition.
Children can burn off some energy on the bungee trampolines, the lazer maze or on the inflatable slide. There will be fairground rides, a fun bus to ride on and face painting.
Buy a stick of our very own Shilton rock as a souvineer.
For more infromation call 01455 843386 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively visit the Earl Shilton Town Council website
Create and make - under the sea
- Date: 02 August 2019
- Location: Earl Shilton Library, Wood Street, Earl Shilton, Leicestershire, LE9 7NE
- Time: 10:00 - 12:00
- Cost: £1 per child
Over the summer holidays we will be running create and make sessions for children at Earl Shilton Library. Drop in and enjoy crafts and activities with lots to take home.
We have lots of different themes to enjoy so you can try something different each week:
- Space: 19 July
- Beside the seaside: 26 July
- Under the sea: 2 August
- Jungle: 9 August
- Healthy heroes: 16 August
- Dr Who: 23 August
All ages welcome and no need to book, just turn up.
Music in the Mead, 3 August 2019
- Date: 03 August 2019
- Location: Hinckley town centre and Argents Mead
- Time: 13:00 - 15:00
- Cost: Free
A performance in the bandstand by JT & The Rhythm Boys.
JT & The Rhythm Boys will perform a wide selection of foot tapping classics from the sixties including great songs from The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Beatles, The Searchers, The Hollies, The Bee Gees, The Monkees and many more.
Heartbreak Productions Present: Gangsta Granny
- Date: 04 August 2019
- Location: Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre, Sutton Cheney, Nuneaton CV13 0AD
- Time: 14:30 - 16:30
- Cost: £12.50 adult, £9 children (ages 3 to 16), £40 family tickets (two adults and two children)
Heartbreak Productions invites you to share in this outdoor production of David Walliams’ bestselling tale Gangsta Granny.
Please note: bring your own chair or blanket to sit on, as we do not provide any seating for this show.
Picnics are welcome: this exciting escapade will be very hungry work, so come prepared with picnics, something to sit on, and definitely dress for the weather.
Heartbreak productions will perform through rain. However, should torrential rain or thunder and lightning strike, we will stop the performance for health and safety reasons. This judgement is down to the event co-ordinator on the day.
Recommended age is seven and over
Tickets can be purchased:
- From Bosworth Battlefield heritage centre and country park's website
- By calling 01455 290429
- In person: from the ticket office (Open seven days a week from 10am to 5pm).