Overgrown hedges

What you need to do

Before the council becomes involved in high hedge complaints, you need to demonstrate to the council that you have tried to resolve the issue with your neighbour.

Evidence of trying to resolve this matter should include letters, emails, records of conversations that you have had with your neighbour. You can find more information about resolving high hedge complaints in the over the garden hedge (GOV.UK) booklet.

Last updated: ‎04/01/2024 11:31